In line with our mission to restore women to a place of reverence and in turn strengthen our society as a whole, Our Sacred Women is committed to sharing resources that can be of value to our community. If you have additional resources to recommend, please send them our way!
Talk therapy can a helpful or even transformative experience where you can gain support to process difficult emotions, insight into the deeper issues underlying behavior patterns that aren't serving your highest good, and tools to have more fulfilling relationships. There are different types of mental health professionals in terms of training, approaches they use in session, and specializations. It is important to find a therapist that feels like a good fit- someone with whom you can feel at ease with and share your honest thoughts, feelings, and concerns. Below are resources to assist you in better understanding what talk therapy is, what it can offer, and how to find a therapist.
Eileen Rosete, founder of Our Sacred Women, has enjoyed sharing her entrepreneurial journey from the start and many of our supporters have told us how valuable it is to see what goes on behind the scenes, and to know that it's not always sunshine and roses (the hustle is definitely real). Here are some entrepreneur-oriented resources for others walking this path.
- Conscious Company Media - Trailblazing magazine + events and courses for the socially conscious entrepreneur
- Fashion Mamas - The first members-only network for influential mothers who work in fashion and creative industries
- The Yellow Conference - Annual Los-Angeles conference for creative, female entrepreneurs dedicated to social good
- The Yellow Collective - Membership arm of The Yellow Conference. Includes quarterly mailed packets and digital resources
- WRKSPC Oasis - An elevated coworking + wellness day for women seeking an inspiring community (Los Angeles)
- Yes She Can - A curated calendar of events for female creatives and entrepreneurs by Lydia Mack (Los Angeles)
The list of good, impactful podcasts keeps growing and it can be hard to know which to create time for on those long commutes. Here are some of our favorites.
- Brown Girls Rising - Listen to real talk by some of the most innovative women of color entrepreneurs of our time
- Design Matters with Debbie Millman - THE podcast for design and creative culture
- On Being with Kristen Tippett - For those who want a deep dive into the human experience and the human spirit
- TED Radio Hour - Because there are so many good TED Talks and how lovely would it be to have them curated by theme